Share This Page

Please Share this on Twitter,Facebook & Google+

Share Button

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

True Love Poems

A flower grows from ...

A flower grows from beneath a blanket,

Of fine and purest white,

It reaches toward the sun for warmth,

For heat and for the lightMy love for you grows stronger still,

Despite the surrounding cold,

My heart is yours,

bartered gone,

For yours has it been soldIts petals shine from morning dew,

Its stem grows stiff and strong,

It stands strong through the freezing cold,

It stands the winter longI long for you,

for your soft touch,

I miss the way you smile,

The longer that we stay apart,

The longer every mileThe flower stretches through the snow,

It reaches toward the sun,

And now without you the color is gone,

The flower's petals,

dunBut as we talk,

and as we learn,

The flower comes back to life,

The snow now melts and goes away,

As you take away my strifeSpring is here and growth abounds,

As you and I are one,

We are together,

we are in love,

The snow for now is doneI see the future,

in dreams I have,

Of our life,

long and true,

I see the times where all I need,

Are comforting words from youI see the times when winter comes,

As winter tends to do,

But we still love,

and we still live,

And I do still love youAnd so we live,

with children ours,

And a life of much to see,

With love we live,

to live we love,

Happy together are weI see the flower,

older now,

But still strong with fresh new leaves,

I see it growing,

tall and strong,

Reaching to the eavesWe are now old,

as years have passed,

But old together are we,

And strong our love still today,

As strong as it can be.

By : J.R. King

More Love Poems Below